How to create a custom slackware iso.. ?

Ovde možete predstaviti ili diskutovati o distribucijama baziranim na Slackware-u (Salix, Zenwalk, Porteus, itd)

Moderator: Urednik

Post Napisano: 27 Jun 2017, 23:02

I downloaded slackware live mate from alien bob and install some programs and configurations .. do you know how you could re-form an iso live to install on other pc without doing everything again?

Administrator
Administrator

Post Napisano: 28 Jun 2017, 06:32

Hi, check out this article on SlackDocs wiki. It also deals with creating your own Liveslak derivative.

You'll find Liveslak scripts here. If you need more help you might want to contact AlienBob (the author) directly.

Administrator
Administrator

Post Napisano: 28 Jun 2017, 06:33

Btw, if you don't want to create a live system, but a modified installation CD/DVD/USB, that's a completely different matter. :)

Post Napisano: 28 Jun 2017, 15:26

I want to make a modified slackware .. a live modified alienbobo .... post and send many to many people but nobody helps me .. I do not know if you can guide me

Administrator
Administrator

Post Napisano: 29 Jun 2017, 10:18

I still don't understand what you are asking.

If you just want to modify installation CD/DVD/USB, the simplest way would be to just add aditional packages as a folder on a CD/DVD/USB, then install from it after setup finishes. You can even use pkgtool for that.

The more complex way to modify installation media would be changing initrd files which define package groups. Or you could use an unused but defined group like "gnome". You would than need to add packages to appropriate directory and generate appropriate tag files. And then you will most probably have to recreate the filelists and md5 sum data in the "slackware" directory after changing things.

That's not too complex with some shell scripting. But you would need to have at least some knowledge about files that would need to be generated and an intermediate shell scripting know-how.

Post Napisano: 29 Jun 2017, 23:48

How to use linux-live.org ?

Administrator
Administrator

Post Napisano: 30 Jun 2017, 15:04

Are you messing with me? Have you visited the site (linux-live.org)?

If you scroll the page down, you'll find the following step by step instructions:

Screenshot_2017-06-30_16-07-13.png

I don't think it can get simpler than that. :)

Post Napisano: 15 Jun 2018, 05:00

Perdòn por molestar, pero aun no eh logrado nada funcional :/
Existe un videotutorial de como hacerlo con SaLT scripts de SLax==> https://github.com/djemos/SaLT-scripts-slackware-salix
Slackware-Live de tuxfamily ==> http://slackware-live.tuxfamily.org/
o Linux-live.org ?

Administrator
Administrator

Post Napisano: 28 Jun 2018, 21:27

Sorry to hear you didn't have luck. Unfortunately, I don't have time or interest to play with that lately, so I can't give you any advice. Seriously, try asking guys over at Linuxquestions.org. Alienbob is semi-regular over there so you might even get a hint or two about customizing his Slackware Live scripts.